1. Home sick today. Wasn't feeling well all week but feared my boss would be upset if I took a day off though she was off three days last week because she was sick. I had to call a student in to work for me, but one was nice enough to do so.
2. Batman Returns was on A&E this afternoon and I watched it. I haven't really seen it since I saw it as a kid in the theater with my Dad (I think). I won't say I liked it more than the first one, but it certainly was damn good.
All I could think while watching it was how much I wish Michael Keaton had remained Batman. Sure, he's good in other movies, but I really feel like it was the part he was born to play. I'm sure he hears that all the time, but only because it's true. You rock(ed), Michael Keaton.
3. Meeting with a professor in the English department tomorrow. I'm excited, though nervous. Not entirely sure what my agenda is, what I want to get out of the meeting. I suppose the issue for me is whether or not I would be able to get in to the PhD program if I apply, which I'm not sure I will. I'm still leaning towards applying for the MFA, but after two rejections, I'm a little more unsure about that avenue.
4. I've been writing, but I don't know if it's very good. It's hard to gauge.
5. I've made myself a little three day weekend, and I really needed it.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
If I have to explain where that's from, maybe this blog isn't for you :)